Wednesday 23 January 2013

"Australians are Quiet and Used to Living Relaxed"

Today, more than ever, people feel the need to travel overseas. To find a job, learn a second language (English in most of the cases) or get a degree is enough excuse to leave behind the hometown and venture to live a new experience in an unknown country.  František Časar, come from Humpolec, a small town of Czech Republic, is an example of it.

Q. What was the main reason to travel to Australia?
A. In first place I came to Brisbane to improve English, but additionally the chance of knowing Australian culture and people from different nationalities attracted me. 

Q. You could have chosen one of the big cities, Sydney or Melbourne. Why did you decide travel to Brisbane?
 A. One of my friends recommended to me Brisbane, and judging by my experience I can say this is a nice and strategic city, located near the beach, The Great Barrier Reef and other landscapes which deserve to be known.

Q. What place or places of Brisbane would you recommend to the newcomers?
A. It´s compulsory to visit Fortitude Valley, above all in the night because it´s very lively as a result of the crowd of people meet in the streets and clubs.

Q. What is the Australian's feature most pay your attention?
A. They are easygoing, quiet, and are used to living relaxed. 

Q. Now, we go back your mother town, Humpolec. Who's the person you most miss from your town?
A. My sister and my best friend.

Q. And what´s the meal you most miss?
A. Goulash is one of the most popular in my country. It mainly contains beef, onion and paprika.

Q. Why would you stay in Australia?
A. Because it´s a chance to find unusual job oportunities, the Australian economy is strong and the weather is very nice in comparation with Czech Republic.
Q.  Why would you leave Australia?
A. I oftenly feel homesick. Between Australia and Czech Republic there is a long distance.

Q. If you had to leave this country tomorrow what
you would like to do before?
A. I would like to know Melbourne, because I have already visited Sydney.

Q. And what would you miss most from here?
A. The accent of Australian and expressions such as "G’Day mate" or "Howaya?".

Q. In what way the learning of English is changing your life?
A. For me it´s being a big challenge to improve my English and now I feel more self-confident. It´s really helpful to find a job in countries where English is highly demanded.        

Q. What´s your next destination after Australia?
A. I will visit New Zeland. 

Q. In what country do you imagine yourself settled with your family?
A. In Czech Republic with my girlfriend Kača.


A recommendation
I would recommend Australian people to visit European countries 
because it’s a chance to know historic places with charm.

No comments: