Saturday 20 July 2013

Damaged by Alpha Car Hire

I break records in a month. If it hadn´t been by my disastrous experiences I wouldn´t be able to perfect the letters of complaints. I don´t remember to have written so much letters in my native language but in English this task is more stimulating and challenging.
First letter was sent to Alpha Car Hire Claims Department. My mates and I hired a car from FortitudeValley´s office.




After reading the letter you will be able to guess how shocked I was when Alpha Car Hire staff called by phone to let me know the company would charge me $1,000. Still now I am waiting for an answer from the company.

In second place, I shamefully confess I bit the hook of an advertising concerning how to blog. I accepted the terms because first month was a free trial. You will agree with me. It was an unduly tempting offer for a surfer. The following day I checked the course and immediately applied for the cancellation, seeing it didn´t seem a big deal. The website replied me I was unsubscribed but it didn´t send me any confirmation by email. It works so. The following month I spent an hour to find out who had paid $39 to and half hour later I was sending my second complaint letter. I thought it was the procedure but the author of the course diligently answered me the next day. He was puzzled reading the attempt of complaint letter and in his own words ´There's no need for any more than a normal email with a request of the money back´. This is a story with a happy end.
When I look my head back I see Sir Rasmsussen was right. With an email it would have been enough but the recent bad treatment of Alpha Car Hire staff in my memory got me very angry.

I sent third complaint letter to my Business Diploma teacher regarding to the lack of interest and motivation of one of the teamwork´s members. That is an euphemism. Being quite honest he skipped his duties and meetings. If I had to judge my first experience in workteam I would say he was not the only cheeky and stubborn member in my team.


I promise this month I will repress my impulses and avoid following Pringle´s moto ('Once you pop you can´t stop') if it´s possible.   

No comments: