Thursday 9 May 2013

Stronger than Cold Weather

Cold seems determined to spend a season at least in this portion of land despite the recent sunny mornings. I don't remember when it was the last rainny day. During the previous month I have been working at a inconstant pace while I received several job offers. That's how it goes sometimes. 'This is my month!' I told myself. Most known mates are back to their mother towns and, not surprisingly, I'm more concerned about making my way in this removed island.
I feel more confident and able to speak English but I sometimes feel Spanish is necessary, as a outlet, to express my feelings. 
It's early to understand all is happening around me because, at present, I get on learning new things everyday and not always they goes by enough slow to get them properly.
This is a big country compounded by a mix of nationalities, so there are many people in my same situation, learning English and trying to get a great reason to live or spend more time here. They work hard day after day to upgrade and leave behind their current positions because many of them work in areas without connection with they studied to
I see there is a fierce daily challenge in the city as if it grew at two speeds. On one hand Australian versus second generations of migrants who talk English perfectly and develop qualified jobs. On other hand migrants who are from undeveloped countries and able to work for over 12 consecutive hours each day at any price in the most extreme case. They don't have any competitor in certain areas opposite workers who are losing their jobs because they aren't as productive as those former. I'm referring Asian people, but students are also becoming the new cheap labor cost because they generally must work to pay their living cost.
The disappointment or desperation to get an appropriate job which allows to save money is what makes most students leave this country when they finish their study. But there's another hidden reason, the nostalgia of the family and friends.
Cold reminds many of us there are important people wanting us to return back home. Whether or not they are close to us we will enjoy a beautiful sunrise tomorrow.




No comments: